Jun 13, 2008

Craft Alert!!: Stamped Baby Onesies

Like I have said before, there are a lot of my friends here that are having babies soon. I think we have one due each month until October! Which is fun for me cause I get to try out all the projects that I've seen.
Here is the first baby shower project. I had so much fun doing it and I was quite surprised at how good it turned out. You should try it too!

I bought plain white baby onesies and burp cloths from Babies R Us. I pulled out my favorite stamp sets (PTI: Green thumb). If you are interested at all in PTI stamps, this is DEFINITELY one you should own. I simply LOVE it. I used some hybrid ink (also PTI) and ribbon. If you want to do something like this, you need to be sure you have the right ink which, with a little heat set from an iron, will stay in the fabric through all the washes. You can read about that here.
To stamp the image you want to put something inside the onesie just in case the ink bleeds. (I used scrap card stock). The colors in these photos are not true. I had a photo lamp explode on me (it was SO loud!) so I had to brighten the pic through photoshop. So bear with them. The final product looked much better!

I also stamped a saying under the image cause I thought it would be cute. And I think I was right! I packaged it all up in a basket with some stamped tissue paper and the baby thank you cards I posted last week.
I have a few others that I have done, but I don't want to give the surprise away until I actually give the gift away! I will post them after the baby shower(s). I really love how simple and cute they are. You can never have too many onesies. Especially if you have a pukey baby! (ask me how I know...)


Deets:
Stamps: Green Thumb (PTI), Simple Alphabet (PTI)
Ink: Perfect Match Pallette Hybrid Ink; Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss (PTI)
Ribbon: Olive Green (Michaels)


2 comments:

heatherc said...

berry cute!! And now I really will have to buy something from this company :)

akdoxey said...

HELLO! Super cute and creative. You've done a lot with that strawberry stamp- you should open your own company, you could make back all the money you've spent on your crafts.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.