Nov 12, 2014

The Card Concept: # 23

Hey there, and welcome! The end of the year is fast approaching and today's challenge over at The Card Concept is here to celebrate just that. Here it is for ya: Krafty Christmas.


 And here is my card:


Now, I am going to be totally frank with you. I LOVE kraft card stock. I ADORE it. I want to marry it! However, since getting my groove on with things like ink blending, embossing paste and white on white designing, my kraft card stock has been sorely ignored. And believe you me, I have noticed, so I am sure it has too. Sorry Krafty! I was delighted for the challenge this week and got to crafting, pretty krafty quick.


I used the new Tinsel & Tags Make It Market Kit. at Papertrey Ink. And let me tell you, that set makes it pretty darn easy to create something stunning. I *love* product like that. It easy to use and gives you rock star results.  

I enjoyed myself so much that I actually made two cards. I couldn't help it. Krafty begged me. Here is a little tut for the second card:

I started with some snowflakes (SimonSaysStamp.com) and organised them on my block. I masked off my card base in segments and stamped different designs in each section. It kind of gave it a nice Scandinavian Christmas Pattern. Nice and subtle with the white ink.

I got a little splotchy in places. This white ink doesn't do you any favours. It just wants to go EVERYWHERE. And I am way to impatient to wait for it to dry. So it is smear-city.  To cover up the smudges I pulled out my Uniball Gel Pen (CutCardStock.com) and drew in some horizontal lines where I changed patterns and where I goobed up my paper.

I stamped and trimmed out the wreath from this Avery Elle stamp set that's been in my "to use" bin. It was happy to see ink for the first time. I think its such a lovely set! I added some hexagon enamel dots, the sentiment and this cute bow out of some Pow Glitter Paper from CutCardStock.com. I LOVE this paper. I have used it all up and have been hoarding the last scraps. The small bits are pretty pathetic until it comes in handy like on this card. I had *just* enough. SO glad I didn't throw it out! I used a die cut from Studio Calico. Love it.


And that's it! Second Krafty Christmas card done and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. That's a record for me, to be sure!

Thanks for stopping in today. And thanks for taking the time to comment! I know it takes time and I do appreciate it. :) Be sure to jump over to The Card Concept and join in the challenge. You have 2 weeks! Just enough time to get it done before the holiday crazy starts.

Have a great week everyone! Love to you and yours.
xoxo
k


Products used in this project:

  


7 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! Both of your cards are fantastic, Kristie! I love the tag you created and that wreath is my all time favorite!

I Card Everyone said...

So stunning, Kristie! Love your Nordic free-style stamping and clever way to cure a smudge! I love Kraft, too... so don't be surprised if I show up!
=] Michele

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! I'm just loving that first card, what a sweet scene, and the kraft makes me happy too!

Nancy said...

So enjoyed reading your blog and your cards are both so pretty!! So unique too! Love the ornament feel of the first one and that great background on your second one. Thanks for inspiring me!

lainey said...

I love the card you made with the PTI kit! I have the kit but haven't used it yet. Really like how you used Kraft in it - Kraft is also one of my favorites!!

Monika Reeck said...

The first card I love all the element on it and the color green and red really pop up on your card...the second one I read your explanation and clever idea using white pen to cover the smudge...I adore the one with white line more...its add someting more beautiful....
I just join the Card Concept would be happy if you like to see my TAG on my blog and if you like to leave me some love too...happy weekend Kristie..hugs, Monika

Nora Noll said...

Ohhh!! I LOVE your cards!! The first one with the circle-so wanted to buy this kit but just could not justify it. I LOVE what you did with it. The way you created the background on the second card-totally fun. Really cool idea!!!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.