Apr 26, 2014

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop Challenge

I am so annoyed with myself! I had my card all ready to participate in Papertrey Inks blog hop this month and I MISSED IT!! Arrrrggggh!

I think I was on top of it last night but then missed the boat because maybe I was off on the time change? Well, regardless, it's totally annoying but I still had fun making my card, so I am going to share it here.

The challenge was to take inspiration from embroidery. So thanks to a Pinterest search I found this little beauty and knew it was meant for me. I took a picture of it on my phone thank goodness because when I went back to find the link and source it was gone (of course). So this is the only picture I have and I believe from looking at it, it is some Sashiko style embroidery? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong! I love the black on the burlap. It's just so beautiful!
And here is my take on it. I pulled out an oldie but a goodie PTI set: Guidelines and knew there would be something in it that would help me find the look I wanted. And I think I was right. What do you think?
I made this a 4.25 squared card. I cut the "Sashiko" piece down to 3x3 and matted it with some True Black card stock. I die cut a circle out of velum and then using the Around and About Sentiments I added the circle sentiment and then the heart. You know, that little itty bitty heart, I think is too small, but I lost the bigger one down my sink drain when I was cleaning it last year! GASP!

Honestly, I was (and still am) heart broken because I think it was the best designed heart I have every used. Not too chunky, and just the right size for most designs. I'm still so sad about it!
I opted to glue down my vellum using Glossy Accents that followed the circle under the sentiment so you can't see it. I was going to pop it up but I do like being able to see the design through it which is why I stuck it down. And that little heart helps showcased the design a bit more too. What do you think?

I'm sad to have missed all the chatter and fun from the blog hop, but I will be extra dutiful next month to pay attention! Can't wait to go back and browse all the entries and glean even more inspiration from everyone.

If perchance you had a moment to visit me today, just wanted to say....
thanks for stopping by!
have a good one,
k

No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.