Jul 18, 2009

365 Cards: Shortcuts Week- Painting!

It's Saturday already!!! Can you believe it?? Today's fun 365 Card challenge is to paint on your card. Luckily I had some sparkly metallic paint sitting around. Here is my card for today:

This paint is glittery and a bit gritty so the texture is really nice. I used a clear card base and then cut some frosted plastic and layered it on some kraft cardstock. I like how simple this layout is. You could change the colors so easily to fit the gender of the baby or even use green or yellow if you don't know the gender yet! I love when things turn out this easy but still look good.

So that it. Today is simple since I will be packing all day and will step onto a plane with both of my kids (sans husband) tonight. Wish me luck. Somehow I know I will need a lot of it! The only reason its even semi- ok to do this solo is that Patrick will be traveling home with them by himself. The pain will be equal for both of us.  ; )

Be sure to check back in tomorrow for 365 Cards Sketchy Sunday. I have a new stamp that I used and you know how I love sharing! So I can't wait to see what you create this weekend.
Have a great one!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Making The Grade by Kim Hughes (star), Bitty Baby Blessings by PTI
Ink: StaZon Jet Black
Paper: Kraft, Stampers White (inside) by PTI, Shortcuts acrylic clear pre folded card base and frosted acrylic sheet
Accessories: PTI Ribbon, Button. Acrylic Metallic Silver Paint

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

excellent job Kristie:) I think I did the challenge wrong..didn't actually paint on my card...rebel that I am...oops!

Patti J. said...

Kristie, this is just too pretty! Love the sparkly paint with the transparent card - well done!!!

Tutu Crafts said...

Your card is so pretty and I love the trasparent portion with the sparkly paint.


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.