Jul 18, 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge #64 Bottega Veneta

Hey all. It's finally the weekend! Woot! I tell you, this week has been looooooong. And I have nothing to show for it but this months Runway Inspired Challenge.  But I'm not going to complain, cause at least I did get it done.

 Check it:





And here is my card to share with you:


I wanted to use a nice mellow grey for my card stock and I had ONE piece left. Gasp! So you can see it below. It even had a bite taken out of it. I stamped my flowers using HA Soft Cantaloupe and Unicorn white, CSS My Style Blueprint, and PTI Limeade Ice. I then trimmed my sheet into 1 inch strips and mixed them around. I didn't want to lay it down in the pattern.


I arranged them on my card front but not straight. I love the layers on the dress and that they aren't cut evenly. So I tried to mimic that by layering my strips at random slants.


I added a doily that I cut in half and then trimmed smaller so it was more of an oval. I then added my sentiment and some enamel dots.

That's all for today. I finally went through all my pictures and have edited them all. Finally I'm not behind! Well, when I finally get around to posting them that is. So stay tuned.

Have a great weekend!
k

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristie, this is gorgeous. I have done something similar with cutting my backing patter in to strips but I had to have a chuckle when I read that you didn't want to lay the strips in the pattern because I had planned to do the same, but my OCD took over and I couldn't cope with it out of sequence!!! It looks fabulous your way though!! Gorgeous colours too xx

iagith69 said...

Beautiful!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

You did such an awesome job replicating the skirt! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Taheerah said...

Wow, I totally thought this was patterned paper on first glance! Awesome stamping and layering to evoke the dress! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.