Jan 19, 2015

Hello!

Happy new week to you! Just wanted to stop in and say Howdy-do!

It's a new week over here at thekristiesessions and I wanted to stop in and share a few things.

First, last friday I was over at A Walk Down Memory Lane with a little post with the embossing resist technique using distress inks. I love that technique so much. It's fun and easy! Do you have distress inks? I had some a loooong while back but didn't appreciate them much and got rid of them. (also in hindsight, I didn't have very fun colors!) Now with these {not so} new mini ink pads and circle applicators, I have a whole new love for them all! I love that you can buy a set of 4 colours. Ink can get expensive so it's nice to get to try out different colours for a reasonable price. And I love that you can use them for so many techniques! Anyway, check out the post HERE if you are curious.


And here is a little HELLO card to share with you today.


This little guy was made using some white heat embossing and then colouring in spaces using Copic markers. It's a really simple treatment, but I do love the results!

As soon as I saw this Papertrey Ink set, I knew I wanted it. It took me a long time to actually get it, but I do not regret it! This card would be lovely using multiple colours for the flowers, but I love the blue and white combo too. The sentiment is a few die cuts stacked on each other. The bottom layers being white and the top blue layer off set just a bit to the side.

And that's all for me today! Thanks for taking the time to visit. I hope you have a great great week!
Join me over at A Walk Down Memory Lane blog for my friday post and I'll be back with some CutCardstock.Com love the beginning of next week too!

xoxo
k

2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Kristie!! This looks far from simple... but certainly simply gorgeous! Side note, I only use my distress inks for water-coloring!
=] Michele

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so pretty! I love the coloring, reminds me of some china!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.