Jan 19, 2010

Pink Persimmon: Bakery Box Bonanza!

Hey all! Here is a little something I made up for the Pink Persimmon Bakery Box Bonanza that is going on all week over at their website.  Check it out!:
They carry these really great pink bakery boxes in their store. I highly suggest picking yourself up a few for the coming holiday they are muy handy! I took my box and cut out a hole in the top and replaced it with some acetate for my window. I also used my circle nestabilities to cut out an insert to keep my special gift from moving around in the box.
As you can see I made cupcakes! These are special cupcakes though. Non fattening but kinda cotten-y....they are made from socks! This is a tutorial I had seen from Lauren Meader last year that I have been dying to use ever since. You can check out the tutorial/video HERE.


Here is what my little cupcake looked like when I was all done. It took some doing because I actually used adult socks that are almost knee high. In the video, Lauren uses kid socks for a baby gift. But this gift I wanted to send to a friend and I didn't think she would fit into kid socks ; ) So there was a LOT of rolling and stuffing, but where there is a will there is a way!



You can see I put in my cupcake socks (a total of two pair) and decorated the box up right.
Here is a view from the top. I love this look cause they really do look like cupcakes! I made up a cupcake tag using Pink Persimmons Vintage Greetings set and Sweet Greetings Set. They are both fabulous to play with.
SO thats it! Here is another shot just for your amusement... does it amuse you?? This was a very fun project and I feel even closer to being ready for Valentine's Day. Another fun gift to give away. Hope you like it!
You can check out the other Pink Persimmon Creative Teams Bakery Boxes this entire week over at the Pink Persimmon Blog. Hope you like!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a good one!
k

Deets:
Stamps: Vintage Greetings, Sweet Greetings (Pink Persimmon)
Ink: Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Paper: Ala Carte (American Craft), Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories: Cream Satin Ribbon (Tai Pan), Pink Ribbon (Michael's) Vintage Button (Papertrey Ink), Scallop Lace Border Punch (Fiscars)

5 comments:

lindalou said...

At first look, I thought they really were cupcakes. How clever and what a great way to give socks. (I have a small sock obsession..I love to give them and I love to receive them.)

~amy~ said...

♥♥shut up♥♥ I love this...thanks for the fabbie inspiration!!!

Heather said...

Adorable! And looks so delicious!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is amazing! Very Clever!
G in Utah

4kids4 said...

Oh, SO CuTe!! What a great idea! I just might have to give some socks!! :-)

~Sharon/4kids4


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.