Sep 20, 2009

365 Cards: Sketchy Sunday!

Hey there everyone. Boy has it been a busy week! I am glad to be back with you today for 365 Cards Sketchy Sunday! Here is the fun sketch Pam provided us all with:

Here is my take on it:
I love that the sketch leaves so much room for interpretation. I felt inspired!! I used some new Pink Persimmon stamps for this one. Boy am I loving them!! I highly recommend them. They work perfectly.
I embossed my larger circle jewel with silver and popped it up with some dots. Added some ribbon loops, other gems and that cute saying! All the images in this set are jewels which makes it so fun to use. I stamped the sentiment with some silver ink as well. I colored in some of the background jewels with my star Gelly Roll pen (of course..cause I lurv it!)  and scalloped the bottom of the card. I used some of my Scarlet Jewel cardstock from PTI just so it would all match up ; )

Whatcha up to on this fabulous sunday?? We are driving to the airport and dropping off the inlaws. *sniff*sniff*  Vacations never last long enough. Plus my DH is leaving town this week which means two things. I will be doing bedtimes by myself, but I will have plenty of crafting time!! All in all they balance each other out I guess.

So have a wonderful day. I will not promise to be back tomorrow, but for sure the rest of the week as I get my bearings again. Lots of laundry and cleaning up to be done. 

Thanks for stopping by today!!
loves
k

Deets:
Stamps: You're A Jewel by Pink Persimmon
Ink: Silver by Encore, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate by SU!, Ocean Tides by Papertrey Ink
Paper: Stampers Select White, Scarlet Jewel, Dark Chocolate by Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Ocean Tides Grosgrain. Basic Grey gems, Gelly Roll Star Pen, Filigree Silver Embossing Powder, Pop Dots, Marvy Circle Punch, Circle Nestibilities

9 comments:

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

Gorgeous!

I have a feel'n I will be buying alot of these stamps! Thanks for pointing them out to me!
R

Gloria Stengel said...

This is stunning! I have this stamp set and love it. The PP stamps are some of the BEST acrylic stamps I own. They stamp very very well.

Rose said...

this is so beautiful!! :0)

~amy~ said...

Hey kristie, love your take on the sketch!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Kristie, love your card and that paper you used is fabulous.
With the in-laws gone, and hubby gone does that mean we will see a little more of you here?

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kristie. I also think the sketch left it open to interpretation lol. I hope we see more of you over here while your other half is away.
Hugs
Michelle

Amanda said...

Love your take on the sketch! You are a natural! Good luck with you week minus your second half! That would go well in my home right now :)

Kelly S. said...

KRISTIE! This is so fantastic! It's Jewel-er-ific!!!

Chrissie said...

This is really beautiful Kristie... gorgeous colours!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.