Jul 14, 2015

Sweet Stamp Shop June Release (just a month late :)

Hey there Sweet Stamp Shop fans. Thanks so much for joining me!! It's been awhile since I have been around, and I'll tell you why. Well, I decided at the beginning of June to get the heck out of dodge and left Singapore for the USA to spend a month with my family. My kids had a month break from school so I thought it was high time they got to enjoy all the things that America has to offer. Technically it had been 3.5 years since they had been state-side so they were all due a trip. So since I was gone, I kinda missed a pretty big event.... yup, the Sweet Stamp Shop June release. Well, we all celebrated through Facebook and Instagram but I just kind of missed it here. So now, here I am!
I wanted to show you my card:


I'm not gonna lie, this card took some time. I wanted it to be different. More then just the undies image and background paper. But in order for it to be different I had to put on my thinking cap. Well, the straightness of the undies gave me an idea. Hexagons! Let me show you how I executed it.
I first measured my little undies stamp. It was exactly 1 inch. 


So I took to Photoshop and created a 1inch hexagon and printed it out.


 I then trimmed out my hexagon and traced it all over my card base with a pencil.


I then stamped all the undies going around each traced hexagon to be sure my lines were straight and even. (I practiced once on scrap paper, just in case)
I left one hexagon empty and traced around it with a black marker. I then coloured it in with some Copic markers. Dark on the inside and lighter toward the outside.

I used this hexagon as a background for my main undies image and the sentiment which I fussy cut around and then coloured with a R20 Copic marker. I also added some hearts inside each hexagon for an added touch of pink color.


And that's it! Simple right? Hahaha... that made me laugh! Well, sometimes when I am crafting late at night I get hair-brained ideas and they just go off without me. But I'm glad I got to share it with you!

And from here on out, be sure to really look at your stamps and see what other shapes may lurk inside them :) You never know what you can create!

ALSO..... Don't miss this months Sweet Stamp Shop release which is coming up soon! Another great release and I promise to have a card here to share with you, ON TIME!


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a good one!
xoxo
k

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

Pure stamping genius! And technically flawless, I have never seen underwear look so good!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.