Jun 23, 2015

Paper Sweeties Guest Design post !!

Hello there! Today I am sharing some cards I made for as a guest designer for the Paper Sweeties blog. Check them out!

Here is my first card:



I used the adorable Celebrate stamp set to make up a cascade of sweet images. I stamped them all in Memento ink and then coloured them with Copic markers. 



I then used the  "sweet" sentiment from Happy Happy Sweet cuts. But instead of using it as a die cut, I used it to emboss! I just embossed the SWEET across the top and trimmed the panel before adhering it to the card base. I LOVE using die cuts for embossing. It helps spread the use and function of an already great product!

Next up is this Happy card:

I used the two party hat images to stamp my background but left a small gap in my stamping close to the top so I could fit my sentiment there.


I then die cut 4 "happy" sentiments from the Happy Happpy Sweet die cut set but this time used it as intended. I die cut 3 black sentiments and one gold glitter sentiment and shifted it to show the black shadow peeking out from behind. I then added a strip of the gold paper to the side of the panel on the card base to match everything together. I also added some Wink of Stella to each party hat, but unfortunately you can't really see the shimmer in this photo. Which is always too bad. I love shimmer!!


Well thats all for today. Thanks so much to Debbie for having me over at the Paper Sweeties blog! I loved working with her great products. Go ahead and jump over to shop at the store! There are lots of fun things to be had. I was sure to stock up on her Bits and Bobs of beautiful ribbon, twine, sequins and colourful paper straws which I ALWAYS have wanted but never have had until now. Thanks so much Debbie! :)

until next time,
xoxo
k




3 comments:

Debbie said...

Your cards are so bright, cheery and FUN, Kristie! Lovely coloring! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sweeties as our special Featured Designer in June :)

Maria said...

Very CUTE cards highlighting the Paper Sweetie stamps...well done!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! Love your coloring, these are just perfect!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.