Oct 29, 2014

The Card Concept #22

Hello there, and good morning to you! Today is the day... another challenge over at The Card Concept!

Here is our inspiration photo:


And here is my take on the challenge. 


This week we were told to create in whichever style we wanted. When I first read that, I just stared at the computer for awhile. I think I may have even rubbed my eyes a few times. I was totally stumped at what to do!

What I decided to do was to NOT pick a style first, but just create something and see what happened, and THEN I would put it in a category. I guess you could say I still don't know what kind of style I gravitate to... But anyway, this is what came out. A simple, Clean and Layered card. SO that must be it!

I stamped my sentiments and leaves first and then cut it up into three strips. I had some of these left-over red inked strips that I put in between the white strips which are popped up with dimensional foam. I embossed my card base with  a checkered pattern and added some gold sequins. Pretty simple!

 I hope you get a chance to sit down in the next two weeks and create something fun for this challenge. I love looking through all the links. You all have so many great ideas! It's a great way to get inspired and learn about new carmakers out there. I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to stop by The Card Concept  BLOG and like us on FaceBook for some inspiration and challenge reminders through out the weeks of each challenge. 

Thanks for checking in with me today! Until next time... just keep on crafting
xoxo
k

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card Kristie- when I read your write-up I chuckled because I did the same thing-created my card and then put it in a category-I am also not sure of my style-I like layering but its usually not a clean and layered card-anyway looks like you had fun with your card as I did

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful card and stamped strips, love the separated stamping :)

Yoonsun Hur said...

So beautiful Clean and Layered card. It is really pretty Kristie!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.