Sep 25, 2010

A card and my trip to Snapdragon Inn!


Hey there everybody! I wanted to stop in and share a card with you real quick, but also to share some pictures of the trip I took last week for my 10 year wedding anniversary (*gasp* 10 years!!)

So here is today's card. Simple and to the point:

I wanted to thank the lovely people at the Snapdragon Inn for such an amazing time! It was just what we needed to celebrate 10 years in style.
The Inn is located in Windsor Vermont (which is the most lusciously green place I have ever been)! You can check out the website to the Snapdragon Inn HERE. The Snapdragon Inn just opened to the public this month and it is fabulous. It is the former house of Maxwell Perkins who was the literary editor to famous writers such as Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald and Floyd. It has been completely remodeled and now is absolutely GORGEOUS! Here is a shot of the back of the Inn (you can see Patrick sitting on the porch):


Dontcha just love the look of it? Inside our room they had the most AMAZING bed. I tell you, for days after getting home, I really didn't like being in my own bed. It is SO horrible in comparison and I actually dreamed about the big fluffy one back in VT. Baby Kai loved the soft downy pillows and mattress:
The dear sweet owners left us a little love in our room to help us celebrate our special day. Chocolate covered strawberries!! What?!? How perfect is that? And all the roses *sigh* I want to go back!

One of my favorite things about the place was the fabulous toiletries they offered. You just can't beat L'Occitane! Every once in a while I would catch a smell of my hair and smile, it smelled so good! Wish I could go back to that, for sure. I loved the soft fluffy towels and the bathrobe too! Actually I wore that thing as much as possible since I don't have one at home. It made me feel extra spoiled.

The husb and I spent a lot of time on the back porch in the rocking chairs. It was so very peaceful there. You are surrounded by lawn, garden and trees everywhere. If you are looking for a nice getaway where you can actually relax, then this is the place for you! But there are even things to do as a family, which I know we will be exploring some day.

Here is the lake right behind the Inn. It's so lovely! We strolled all afternoon. You may wonder who I actually went on the vacation with right? I did take a few pictures with my husband, I promise. But it was so sweet to celebrate this with the baby because it gave us good alone time with him. Something he will rarely get growing up in this family ; ) And it was also such a great reminder of the journey we are on together... 10 years and 3 kids later.
So that was our trip and since we got home I just can't stop thinking about when we can get back there. If you live in the New England area and are looking for a quaint, quiet getaway, you really should look it up. (They are also having a special this month too which you can check out HERE!) I definitely think this will have to be a re-occuring trip for Patrick and I. I love the idea of making this "our place" while we grow old together. It was a perfect 10 yr. celebration and I look forward to many more years together and at the Snapdragon. Thanks for letting me share it with you!


Hope you have an amazing weekend.
love to you!
k

2 comments:

Jen said...

Happy 10th! Sounds like a fun getaway....we hope to make it up there soon ourselves!!!

Niki Estes said...

Pretty card! I love the colors. Looks like a fun trip! I love the Inn. Happy Anniversary!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.