Mar 31, 2010

Celebrate!

Hello my dear friends.... it's 3 in the morning here in NY and I thought I would get my post in now since it's completely impossible for me to do it during the day or even the evening at this point. Last night I was ready to post and fell asleep watching THIS movie. It's the third time I have tried to get through it. It really is fascinating, but I can only last about 30 minutes sitting down until I completely pass out. I feel a lot like my father who cannot stay awake during anything! Anyway... I wanted to share this Pink Persimmon card with you and since I am up feeding baby I thought a few more minutes awake wouldn't kill me:

Celebrate!! I love coloring now days. It's entirely too much fun when you have Copics on your side. I lightened up the pic and it washed out a bit so it's hard to see the great contrast of colors. I also used a T1 (gray shade) to outline the balloons and cupcake to help them pop, which they do a bit better in real life than you can see here.
I stamped my banner on vellum so you could still see the cupcake behind it. I like the sheerness of it! And of course I love the fun colors. They remind me of spring which is upon us now. Well you wouldn't know it by all the rain we have been having but even that is a 'spring' thing.

This week is our spring break so kids are home which means we are having playdates every day! It's loads of fun but that also means nothing is getting done around the house. Loads of laundry are piling up, no dishes are being washed and of course that means posting at 3 in the morning!! 
I hope lots of you are sleeping or maybe some of you oceans away are just getting up? I hope you have a splendid day and look forward to our next late night rendezvous.
loves to you ; )
k

Deets:
Stamps: Vintage Greetings, Vintage Cupcake (Pink Persimmon)
Ink: Graphite Black (Brilliance)
Paper: Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Stampers White, Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Vintage Button, Polka Dot Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Copics, Colored Twine (Divine Twine)

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

such a sweet cupcake card Kristie! Love the banner...excellent sista!


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.