Oct 22, 2008

Holidays



Ok, I'm really not liking this card. Blech!  But I am posting it because I learned a lot doing it and I want to jot down my mistakes so I don't repeat them!!

1. These big brads are WAY too big for this size card. It pulls so much focus and it's only a white brad! Boooooooring.  Maybe if it had a cool image or some texture on it, I wouldn't mind it needing so much attention!
2. Silver ink does NOT show up on dark green. No matter how much you use.
3. Putting white over silver will not make the silver stand out, won't add dimension, or even make it two toned. It will be sucked into the silver abyss never to be seen of again.
4. Putting Pearl Essence on the silver to add accents will only smear more silver on the paper and that stuff is hard to get off. 
5. Using crystal effects can be really cool, but please, please wait until it is dry before standing the poor card up. That stuff will drip off like an avalanche!
6. Always know where your embossing powder is, and by all means don't rummage through the entire house thinking you have some when you actually don't. It's such a waste of time.

If I were to do this again, I would use gold for the swirls, emboss the tree and use my sewing machine to cinch up the ribbon. (I've been wanting to try sewing for a while, and this would be a great one to do it on.) But the question is, will there be a next time? The perfectionist in me says... maybe.

Deets:
Stamps: SU! Seasons of Joy, PTI Faux Ribbon (sentiment)
Ink: PTI Pure Poppy, Versamark Silver, SU! Basic Black, White Craft
Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White, DP Hello Sunshine by Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: a really BIG BRAD!, Stampendous Snow Glitter, Silver ribbon from stash, clear rhinestones 

No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.